Books to borrow or buy
How to move apps around the iPad screen
Suggest an App
Here are some recent suggestions and comments from some of our researchers:
- AudioNote - great for conversations with supervisors
- Keynote - for presentations, converts PPT files easily
- W - great dictionary
- Mendeley - useful for downloading and storing docs/journal, can also help with bibliography
- Pages - problem is that it automatically accepts all the track changes
- iannotate - excellent for pdf documents, writing notes, highlighting etc.
Please feel free to suggest an App to be considered for inclusion in this guide. Click on Comments (below) and tell us the name of the app and a URL that will help us find it.
Blogs and articles
Thoughts from others on how the iPad is working in their academic lives.
Thanks to Nicole Hennig and Remlee Green of MIT Libraries for creating a guide to Apps for Academics and for being happy to share their work with us.
Thanks to Andy Schmulow, Law Lecturer, Victoria University, for being so enthusiastic about iPads and being prepared to share his knowledge with colleagues.