This qualification reflects the role of an enrolled nurse working under supervision of a registered nurse. This qualification covers the application of skills and knowledge required to provide nursing care for people across the health sector.
A lifespan approach should underpin this qualification with relevant competencies that relate to the different stages of life identified within the units.
Program Requirements and Prerequisites
Applicants must have successfully completed VCE or equivalent and/or have completed the internal pre-selection Victoria University (VUTEST) or the external Vetassess examination and an oral interview to be assessed by Victoria Polytechnic as being capable to complete the course.
Students would normally be required to undertake the VUTEST, however if they can provide a current (less than 2 years old at the date of enrolment) VETASSESS result this will be considered as satisfactory for selection purposes.
Admission requirements - International:
International: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. (No score is to be lower than band 6.5 across any of the IELTS bands).
Note: The IELTS requirement for Registration is 7.0.
A current Working With Children Check, Police Checks and a Health Status check (immunisations status) is required for clinical placement purposes.
This may be obtained post entry into the course.
Program Fees and Charges
Materials Fee cost & inclusions - Further out of pocket expenses
Approx $1000: includes most text books, nursing uniforms & stethoscope. Any recommended textbooks,
Further information is available at:
1300 82 33 87
Program Quick Guide
Delivery methods are a mixture of face to face, blended learning, self-directed, and clinical (workplace) experience.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including tests, portfolios, problem based assessments, on-line assessments and direct observation.
The duration of the course is 2.0 years.
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTENN001 Practise nursing within the Australian health care system
- HLTENN002 Apply communication skills in nursing practice
- HLTENN003 Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care
- HLTENN004 Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans
- HLTENN005 Contribute to nursing care of a person with complex needs
- HLTENN006 Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment
- HLTENN007 Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy
- HLTENN008 Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice
- HLTENN009 Implement and monitor care for a person with mental health conditions
- HLTENN011 Implement and monitor care for a person with acute health problems
- HLTENN012 Implement and monitor care for a person with chronic health problems
- HLTENN013 Implement and monitor care of the older person
- HLTENN015 Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTENN010 Apply a palliative approach in nursing practice
- HLTENN025 Implement and monitor care for a person with diabetes
Workplace Health & Safety
Your health and wellbeing during your study with Victoria Polytechnic is of the highest importance to us. It is important that you are aware of health and safety when you are attending workshops or practical labs at Victoria Polytechnic and in the workplace. Victoria Polytechnic requires students in this course to complete an course induction including Health and Safety and you are required to adhere to the Victoria University Health and Safety policy and procedures whilst on any Victoria University or Polytechnic campus.
For more information click HERE.