Graduates of the qualification will be able to meet the current and future industry requirements to effectively work within complex senior and middle management roles across a wide range of industry sectors with the skills and knowledge to oversee the: development, resourcing and integration of organisational strategic business planning; development and implementation of innovation and its corollary, management of people, change, and organisational culture; management of risk and compliance, and, depending on individual or combined management focus, a range of specific functions of marketing; human resource practices; global business opportunities; financial resources and / or sustainability.
- effectively drive an organisational strategic direction by acting as a conduit between the operational and the strategic levels
- recognise triggers and emerging trends that create issues of strategic and operational importance and to manage responses
- develop and design strategic business plans based on in-depth research and analysis
- oversee the resourcing and implementation of strategic business planning across a broad range of organisational contexts
- develop the capacity of individuals and groups to engage in sustainable innovation practices and to manage change within organisational contexts
- apply effective communication techniques and networking strategies to underpin ethical and co-operative relationships between stakeholders across a range of local and global stakeholder groups
- manage risk and compliance requirements for both local and global contexts
- apply project management techniques, tools, frameworks and methodologies that are appropriate across a range of individual or multiple business development projects
- apply a range of business and management knowledge, skills and methodologies to oversight of strategic planning and operations of one or more specific functions outlined above
Mature Applicants for the 22230VIC Graduate Certificate in Management are expected to have:
- a demonstrated capacity in learning, reading, writing, literacy and numeracy competencies to Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level and;
- have obtained a Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification in related fields of study and 3 years’ equivalent full-time relevant vocational practice at a significant level of management responsibility and/or complexity in an organisation or - obtained a Bachelor degree in related fields of study and 1 year equivalent full-time relevant vocational practice at a significant level of management responsibility and/or complexity in an organisation or - 5 years’ equivalent full-time relevant vocational practice at a significant level of management responsibility and/or complexity in an organisation
Skills Recognition Online Tool
If you have worked for a period of time and feel confident that you can do a particular job, but don't have a formal qualification, then Skills Recognition (RPL) will benefit you.
A Skills Recognition online tool is available for this qaulification, which means that you can complete the process in your own time at your own pace. The online tool can be accessed here.
Program Structure including Practical Work Placements
To be eligible for the qualification of 22230VIC Graduate Certificate in Management, students must complete a total of five (5) units as follows:
Two (2) Core Units, and Three (3) Elective Units.
|VU21221||Manage the development, implementation and review of strategic business plans|
|VU21222||Lead creative thinking and innovation practices in an organisational environment|
|BSBLDR801||Lead personal and strategic transformation|
|SIRXSRM801||Lead the organisation through change|
|VU21223||Manage multiple projects|
|VU21224||Manage legal, regulatory and ethical compliance requirements in an organisational environment|
|VU21225||Develop and manage risk management strategy|
|VU21226||Manage people in an organisational environment|
Pathway opportunities at Victoria University following successful completion of this program may include: