Translate this page
TLI50415, Diploma of Logistics
This professional qualification is respected by industry as it develops your knowledge and skills in:
- Supply chain operations
- Business management
If you would like to develop your global career, then studying the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA) accredited version of the Diploma of Logistics via distance learning may be the solution.
We offer flexible part time study options for mid-year enrolment into this course. You can choose to study Saturdays and also online.
Supply Chain superstar
Rani Pathak chose a VU study pathway that helped her land a job at Toyota.
"Logistics is a dynamic and rapidly-growing industry that I wanted to be a part of.
I chose Victoria University because it offered a variety of logistics courses and pathways that other universities didn't. The lecturers come from the industry and have real experiences to share.
While studying my Certificate IV in Logistics, I got hands-on experience in a warehouse. We learnt to drive a forklift and use other equipment such as shrink wraps and pallet jacks.
It was through the University's recommendation that I gained my current full-time logistics job at Toyota Motor Corporation Australia.
I help to maintain smooth operations by managing issues from stakeholders and customers. A big part of my role is to ensure we minimise waste in all its forms.
Working as a logistics and supply chain professional is demanding but really rewarding. There's always something new to learn and new challenges to face."
- Certificate IV in Logistics [formerly Logistics and Supply Chain Principles], 2007
- Diploma of Logistics, 2008
- Bachelor of Business (Supply Chain and Logistics Management) [formerly Global Logistics and Transport], 2011
Find out more about transport and logistics courses at VU
General Enguiries: +61 (03) 9919 6267
Industry Enquiries: +61 (03) 9919 8934
Course Objectives & Careers
This is a general qualification for the integrated management of logistics.
This course will:
- Provide students with the ability to analyse and apply the theories and practices of integrated logistics management.
- Develop students' knowledge and skills in the development and operations of warehousing, inventory, transport and sustainable business relationships.
- Develop students' understanding of how logistics functions integrate with and impact on other business functions.
- Introduce and develop independent learning skills, to promote students' ongoing professional development, which may include further study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Expected careers may include:
- Logistics Management
- Logistics Co-ordinator
- Warehousing Management
- Inventory Management
- Stock/Inventory Controller
- Procurement Analyst
- Procurement Management
- Operations Management
- Fleet Scheduling
Footscray Nicholson street campus & Industry
Full Time and Part Time
On campus and workplace