Book on loan or at another campus?
You can request (place a hold) for an item to be transferred to any VU Campus Library.
READY FOR PICK-UP holds are notified via your VU email.
EQUIPMENT may be booked for a certain time and date. Contact a Library Service Desk at any campus library.
Watch this video on How to place a hold on a book through Library Search
Book or Article not available at VU?
Request it online:
- allows you to borrow books from selected Australian and New Zealand universities and have it delivered to a VU campus library. Use BONUS if VU Library doesn't have the book or it is on loan.
- ArticleReach allows you to request journal articles from other libraries if VU Library doesn't have the complete article (full-text). The journal article will be sent to your Student Email account.
Visit selected tertiary libraries with your CAVAL card:
- CAVAL is a reciprocal borrowing program that allows you to borrow in person from other Victorian university or TAFE libraries.
To register for a CAVAL card, present your VU ID card at a VU Library Service Desk.
Participating CAVAL libraries and their location
How do I borrow?
Your Victoria University Student/Staff ID card is your library card. You'll need it to borrow any items from the library.
Please use the Self Checkout machine to borrow.
Forgotten your library PIN?
Your default Library PIN is your date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy.
If you changed your PIN and have forgotten it, you can reset:
- In person: at a campus library Service Desk with your VU ID card
- Online via My Library:
1. Click on Login to My Library
2. Click on:
3. Key in your VU ID number
4. Click on SUBMIT
An email will be sent to your VU email. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your PIN.
Books and audiovisual material can be returned at any VU library but equipment needs to be returned to the Service Desk it was borrowed from.
AFTER HOURS book returns chutes are available at most campus libraries to return books and audiovisual items.
Once an item becomes overdue or late, borrowing privileges are suspended until items are renewed or returned.
Please check your VU email regularly for library reminders and overdue notices.