Please note that these lists are designed as a guide only and we strongly recommend that you check the SCImago website and the MORA policy before making a decision about where to publish. SCImago updates their quartile rankings on an annual basis and some journal titles may have more than one ranking depending on how many subject categories are allocated to that title.
When the Library compiled the discipline specific lists (based on FoR codes) we did so on the assumption that there is no correlation between ERA 2015 FoR codes and SCImago subject categories. This means when a journal has different rankings in different subject categories we always select the higher ranking.
Additional Sources of Information
The Library has created several guides which cover related topics - click on links below to access:
What's in this guide?
Use the tabs at the top of this page to navigate to further information about:
- lists of SCImago Q1 ranked journal titles arranged by Field of Research Codes (FOR) relevant to disciplines in the College of Health & Biomedicine
- where College staff have been or are currently publishing (2013 CoHB Journal Publications) (Please contact the College Librarian with details of any journal titles to add to this list - see: 'Library Contact' on the right)
Spreadsheet of complete ERA 2015 FoR codes linked to SCImago quartile rankings compiled by the VU Office for Research
The Scholarly Communication & Publication Project
The aim of the Library's Scholarly Communication & Publication project is to assist in improving the quality of research publication across the University and to raise awareness about the changing scholarly publishing landscape.
In conjunction with the Office for Research, College Librarians will assist researchers by providing guidance on where to publish. By working collaboratively with the reseach community, the Library is developing awareness across the University about scholarly publication including the rapid growth of peer-reviewed, Open Access publishing. College Librarians will be doing this by identifying appropriate publications which will assist academics to easily target top ranked journals in their field for their research outputs.
The results of the Scholarly Communication & Publication project will be:
- compilation of discipline-specific lists of quality journal titles based on ERA 2015 FoR codes and SCImago rankings relevant to the Colleges
- identifification of relevant, quality open access journals
- analysis of the list of journals where researchers in the Colleges currently publish which will map these journals to SCImago quartile rankings and ERA 2015 FoR codes.
College Librarian (Health & Biomedicine)
VU Office for Research
Click on the link below to access the Office for Research intranet site: